Monday, May 2, 2011

Crash and Bang


We witnessed the biggest thunderstorm of our lives one early morning. It was the kind of thunderstorm that wakes you up, doesn’t let you go back to bed and makes you hold your breath at the hint of every new rumbling while you wait for the inevitable crash of thunder as lightening splits the sky in half. In other words the greatest thunderstorm ever! Naturally waking up early puts you into morning pee mode and well there was no way we were venturing out into the downpour of water and electricity so we did what any country girls would do! And I’ll leave it at that, use your imaginations if you must!

Funnily enough I was having one of those dreams where you include what’s actually going on in the nocturnal. I was dreaming that I was on a 2 level houseboat and was waiting for my mom to get home. I’m not sure where my dad was but probably off doing something awesome. So there I was floating in my house when suddenly a Korean father and his 2 kids showed up. I don’t know why they were there and I forgot to ask them so you’ll have to use your imagination for that as well. Anyway it started to storm really badly and there we were on this 2 level houseboat that was rocking and rolling and then my mom got home. She arrived as if nothing was even happening even though the clouds had turned from normal storm clouds into END OF THE WORLD CLOUDS! All she did was get upset with me for putting Baileys into the chili. “Why’d you put Bailey’s into the chili? Is it because there isn’t any sour cream?” As anyone can tell you Bailey’s is my number 1 sour cream substitute. Then Ally opened the door to let Grizz in because he was whining and we ventured out onto the porch to watch nature’s drama unfold and relieve ou

No comments:

Post a Comment